Ahmedabad the largest city of Gujarat lies on the banks of the Sabarmati river. The city’s proximity to Mumbai, the financial hub of the nation, attracts a lot of financial organizations that give opportunities to the freshers. Due to the presence of the biggest energy reserves and refineries in the state, hassle-free availability of power has helped a number of industries to mushroom in the area that absorbs the new graduates in the state. The government has a lot of incentives, subsidies and tax benefits for the industries setup in the state which utilizes the graduates from the state. Textiles and diamond cutting are the leading industries in the state.
Ahmedabad is home to a number of research institutes and organizations. It does host many prestigious educational institutes of the country.
- Ahmedabad Textile Industry’s Research Association
- Indian Space Research Organisation – ISRO
- Physical Research Laboratory
- B. V. Patel Pharmaceutical Education And Research Development Centre
- Indian Institute Of Management, IIM-Ahmedabad
- National Institute Of Design (NID)
- Mudra Institute Of Communications Ahmedabad (MICA)
- Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India
- Nirma University of Science and Technology
- National Institute of Mass Communication and Journalism
- Institute Of Rural Management Anand – (IRMA)