What is Ayurveda?
The term Ayurveda is originated from the Sanskrit term “Ayur” which means life and the term “Veda” means knowledge. Ayurveda is considered to be one of the world’s most sophisticated health systems for the powerful mind and body. Ayurveda is not only a mere system that helps in treating illness but also termed as the “science of life”.
Ayurveda has become more and more successful these days not only in India but among foreigners also. With the increase in the popularity of Ayurveda, the doctors of Ayurveda are on the rise and an extravagant scope and career in Ayurveda is being created. The modern medicines’ need has been reduced due to the strong chemicals and drugs present in them which can lead to failure of combat type nature. The Ayurvedic treatment includes various remedies such as massage therapy, herbal remedies and meditation etc. Ayurveda doctors are licensed so that they can work professionally.
If you are one of the talented gems who want to pursue their career in Ayurveda, check out the admission process below, course details, scope of Ayurveda and all the related information.
Ayurveda Courses Eligibility:
Every college and university has the eligibility criteria which are a minimum of 50% aggregate percentage for class 12th and also there is an age limit in some of the top Ayurveda colleges in India for pursuing Ayurveda courses.
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 in a relevant stream.
- There should be a minimum aggregate of 50% marks or above to have opted for a recognized board. The duration of the degree is 2 years.
- The duration of the degree is 2 years.
- Candidates must have passed 12th with PCM (physics, chemistry, and maths) subjects.
- Should have scored 50% aggregate marks for fulfilling eligibility.
- 5 years and 6 months degree which has an academic session for 4 and a ½ year and one year is a period of the internship program which has a live practical experience.
- Candidates can choose this degree if they have passed BAMS with clinical experience for either six months or one year.
- Those students who have completed the MBBS course which is recognized by MCI can also apply for this course.
- The duration of MS/MD is 3 years.
- Candidates must have post-graduation in a relevant discipline with aggregate marks of 55%.
- Candidates! Seeking admission in Ayurveda, you must check out the official website of Ayurvedic colleges in India.
- Fill out your personal and academic details on the form available on the website.
- Candidates! Who want to go for BAMS in Ayurveda have to give an entrance exam for admission to the top Ayurveda colleges.
- The candidates have to appear for NEET-UG and must score the minimum marks required to enter the Ayurveda colleges.
- After the results are declared, the official examination authority will prepare a merit list. Those candidates who get their name in the merit will go for the respective college counseling process.
Check out the Fee Structure for the Ayurveda courses.
- The average fee structure for the diploma is 20,000 to 4.50 lakhs
- The average fee structure of the UG program is 60,000 to 6,00,000 for private colleges and government universities are 8,300 to 3.40 lakh.
- The average fee structure of the PG program is 60,000 to some lakhs for private universities and government universities are 15,000 to 6 lakhs. ( for more details about the fee-structure, check out the particular college website).
Specializations in Ayurveda
Check out the below specialisations in Ayurveda field. Aspirants! Ayurveda is a wide subject that will specialize in following fields.
||Rog & Vikriti Vigyan
||Prasuti & Stri Roga
Skill Set required in the Ayurveda Field
Aspirants, whose dream is to start their career in Ayurveda, must have a certain skill set! If you have below-given skills, Ayurveda courses are what you must opt for.
|Interest in various forms of medicine
Assimilation and interpretation
Interest in herbs
Ayurveda Job Profiles
Ayurveda is a broad discipline, and it offers endless job opportunities for the right candidate not within India but across the globe. Suppose you want to be an Ayurvedic health & wellness expert, work as a medical officer, or be a lecturer at a Government college. In that case, you must check out what this course is offering you, and now the golden opportunity is knocking at your door. Choose one of the following opportunities for you.
- Ayurvedic doctor
- Medical officer
- Medical Representative
- Product manager
- Jr.clinical trial coordinator
Scope of Ayurveda
Today, at present, Ayurveda is considered a blessing! It is an effective healing system that manages to spread magic in the lives of people. With the right Ayurvedic treatment, therapies people are getting healed. So those aspirants who are good at learning Ayurvedic skills and make improvements in someone’s life, you must build your career in Ayurveda. You can become an Ayurvedic doctor because there is a huge demand in the Indian and Foreign hospitals for doctors who are good at doing steam therapies, meditation, exercise, and oil messaging. Following are some areas where Ayurveda students can kick off their careers.
- Ayurvedic clinics
- Ayurveda specialty centers
- National Ayush Mission
- Drug manufacturing
- Research institutes
- Ayurvedic resort
- Medical tourism
The Ayurvedic healing system is holding immense importance because of the changing lifestyle which is more prone to diseases. The major belief of the Ayurvedic system is to remove the root cause of several diseases by adopting natural therapies.