Located in the heart of Mumbai city of Maharashtra, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR) enjoys great reputation as an advanced research and educational institution. The Institute gets singled out for its meaty contributions in the field of multidisciplinary approaches and innovative practices in disciplines such as economics, energy and environmental policy.
Among various courses, the institute offers a Master of Philosophy and Ph.D. programmes in Development Studies and also a Master of Science programme in Economics. The institute takes legitimate pride in having one of the largest Social Sciences libraries in Asia.
The prime motive of the Institute is to promote and conduct research on developmental issues from a broad inter- disciplinary perspective, including economic, technological, social, political and ecological.
Research and Development:
The R&D forms the integral part of the vision of this institute, the following being the broad areas of research at IGIDR:
- Economic Reforms and Macroeconomic Policies.
- International Trade and Exchange Rates.
- Industrial Organization, Industrial Economics.
- Financial Sector, Banking.
- Agricultural Economics, Food Policy.
- Poverty, Safety Nets, PDS, Rural Development.
- Energy and Infrastructure.
- Environmental Studies, Climate Change Issues.
The main objectives of the Institute are:
- To promote and conduct research on development from a broad inter-disciplinary perspective.
- To promote co-operative endeavor and interaction between research scholars and institutions in India and abroad.
- To carry out training for advanced degrees viz. Master’s and Doctorate award.
Ranking and Recognition:
In the prestigious and widely acclaimed educational ranking of Indian Institutional Ranking Framework (IIRF- 2021), IGIDR at 3rd Rank in IIRF Deemed University Ranking 2021.
Engineering & Technology
- General Engineering
- Computer Science
- Bio Technology
Business & Economics
- Accounting & Finance
- Business & Management
- Biological Science
- Agriculture & Forestry